Monday, January 24, 2011

Lovely diversions

Too much work and too little fun? 
Lately I've been working really hard with school, work, writing, etc. Really back on the grind. I mean really, really on the grind- like coffee beans. Like teeth in your sleep. Like ... okay, you get the picture. Really working hard. Sometimes mid-week (or pre-mid-week) I just feel the need for a break, and some wine and girl time. One of my girls "M" has been working hard, too. January is the busiest time in her industry. Come Tuesday, both of us are usually in need of a night of fun. Which is why M and I decided to make Tuesday nights a weekly tradition. This week she's in Toronto for work, so we'll resume next Tuesday in our usual spot, the Hunt Club on Dresden.
Add caption
Three words- Shopping. Wine. Deep fried pickles. That's five words, crap. See- working too hard! Even in down-time, there's always some research involved...recently did a piece on the bar/store for the Halifax Commoner.

Check out http://thecommoner.kingsjournalism.com/?p=5485 for my story.

"So I won't be takin' days off 'til my spaceship takes off." 


S.

No comments: