Saturday, January 22, 2011

Look who followed me home: Vintage Halston edition



Pucci silk scarf, Jean Paul Gaultier top, Halston envelope clutch , all at Elsie's.

Researching for a story on halifax's second-hand treasures for the upcoming issue of the newspaper I'm writing for. If you want to call it research. But what happened was...I went into Elsie's on Queen- colourfully feels like you've stepped into a giant tickle trunk a-la-Mr. Dress-Up- stayed for at least an hour. FOUND: vintage Jean Paul Gaultier tribal print mesh long-sleeved tunic, (I'm guessing circa early-to-mid-90's...I was watching aforementioned children's programming on PBS during said era ) ..A vintage silk pucci scarf, gorgeous nameless sand-coloured and white woven poncho-felt like it was made of burlap almost, vintage Ferragamo white leather stacked-heel sandal- itty bitty bit small, calling size 6 1/2 or 7's? Click the pic for a closer look.
And then...my favourite...the Buttercream croc leather over-sized vintage Halston envelope clutch. (Whoa, that was a mouthful. And, a handful.) It's big, which I love, and I couldn't leave without it. After chatting with store owner Maureen Court for a few minutes about the lethal concoction of my story research skills mixed with my weak will power, I headed off into the freezing afternoon with my new treasures in hand. Warm feeling ensued. Ah, it's love. 
Mildly intoxicated off finely aged couture... 
S.

1 comment:

Melia said...

LOVE this! Keep 'em coming, Suze! :) xo