Sunday, January 23, 2011

I've got the golden ticket

"Midas is king and he holds me so tight. And turns me to gold in the sunlight". -Florence and the Machine.

Silence is...


Vintage Versace- $5,500

My new gold off-shoulder cropped shirt, $14, and gold mini-dress, $20.
Greek myth says everything King Midas touched turned golden, but what about the things that were already gold, like this gold lamé off-shoulder loose cropped top and glistening gold 70's long-sleeved, high-neck sheer dress? When I found these recent 24-karat second-hand treasures -- goldmine. 




Michael Kors metallic gold sweater- $100, netaporter.com


Marilyn in gold will never grow old








Gold is intensity, value, rarity, joy...
and when it's under $20 it's a vice that's twice as nice.

I've been searching for a heart of you-know-what,

S.


No comments: